Yellow Squash Ribbons with Red Onion and Parmesan
- 4 medium yellow squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
Using a vegetable peeler, shave squash into ribbons to measure 5 cups. Discard seeds and core of squash.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add squash, onion, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, gently stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add salt, red pepper, and black pepper, and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.