Preventive Age Profile: Take Charge of Your Health with a FitMed Comprehensive Evaluation
When you schedule your Comprehensive Health Evaluation, the first step will be to have your blood work done. You may come to the office for your blood work or you may use the laboratory of your choice. For either option, you will receive a comprehensive blood panel order.
A second appointment will be scheduled for your actual Comprehensive Health Evaluation. Please plan on spending a half day with our team. During that timeframe, the following tests and assessments will take place:
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test to determine the basal calories your body burns to maintain itself at rest
- DEXA Body composition and bone density/osteoporosis screening calculations
- Carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) test to non-invasively measure artherosclerosis (the underlying cause of heart attack and stroke) in the carotid arteries
- Biodex Balance System to measure your balance
- Cardiometabolic Performance Test on treadmill or cycle to measure key data including peak VO2, anaerobic threshold and identification of optimal exercise heart rate levels
- Cardiometabolic Health Risk Summary to identify health risks and areas in which your range of risk is stratified to low, moderate or high
- Cognitive Stability Index to measure memory, attention, processing and response speed.
- Nutrition Assessment. During this assessment you will meet with our Registered Dietician to discuss current nutrition habits, goals, and to develop a recommended nutrition plan.
- Consultation with Bright McConnell, III, MD to review your results and develop a customized plan of action for treatment where needed/appropriate. Dr. McConnell will go over your fitness, nutrition and lab results, and can discuss your unique plan of action. Dr. McConnell will also provide you with two written reports. These include:
- Risk Profile & Prevention Summary: A report that describes yours lab results and indicates health risks or areas of risks.
- Prevention Action Plan: A summary of treatment recommendations including hormonal replacement and nutritional supplement recommendations.
Once you are aware of your body’s needs and potential, the next step is to have Dr. McConnell and his staff prescribe and monitor your proposed program and/or hormone therapy by enrolling in one of two FitMed Partners Programs that best meets your goals.