Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb. of sweet potatoes of yams, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large sprig of picked rosemary leaves
- 3 tbsp of lard, duck or goose fat
- 5 cloves of garlic, skin still on, but smashed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a pot filled with salted cold water, place the sweet potato cubes and bring to a roiling boil. As soon as it boils, drain the potatoes in a colander and let steam and dry a bit.
- Meanwhile, using a mortar and pestle, grind the rosemary leaves.
- Heat a roasting pan on the stove top of medium-low heat, add the fat, rosemary, sweet potato cubes and season with salt and pepper. Without cooking anything, mix everything well together.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, until crispy and tender. Stir the potatoes occasionally during the cooking process for even cooking.