Roasted Pumpkin and Apple Soup
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 lbs fresh pumpkin peeled, seeded and cut into bit sized chunks
- 4 large granny smith apples, unpeeled, cut into quarters
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups fat free chicken broth
In a large bowl, toss pumpkin, apples, onions, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Spread evenly onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
Roast, mixing once, for 30 minutes.
Add in sage, mix again, and continue roasting until very tender and starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Transfer about one-third of the pumpkin and apples to a blender along with 2 cups broth. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a Dutch oven and repeat for two more batches.
Add in yogurt, ginger, nutmeg and remaining salt and heat through over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for about 5-7 minutes.