Paleo Cauliflower Mashers
Makes four servings. Cook time: 45 mins.
- 1-1/2 large heads cauliflower
- 3/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 2/3 cup fresh chives
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dried rosemary or 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- sea salt, pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the cauliflower, removing all leaves.
- Place in steamer and cook until it’s easy to stick a fork in it (about 20 minutes).
- Mince the garlic and finely chop the chives. Sauté the garlic, chives and rosemary in coconut oil until the garlic is light golden brown.
- Use a food processor or a masher to mash up the steamed cauliflower florets.
- Put the mashed florets into a pot on the stove and add coconut milk, and the chive and garlic mixture. Cook on medium low heat and mash with a masher while they’re in the pot. Or if you have a submergible blender, use that to blend mixture while it’s in the pot.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.