Holiday Drink: Spiced Cranberry Apple Punch
Easy to make and healthier than the usual sugary Holiday Party punch. Low GI with a dose of immunity-boosting ginger.
Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook Time: 30 mins, Total Time: 40 mins
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
- 10 cups water
- 3 cups fresh cranberry
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1-inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Wash the cranberries and remove any that are soft.
- Put the cranberries in a medium saucepan. Add the water, apples, ginger slices, cloves, and cinnamon sticks. Cover and heat on low-medium heat for about 30 minutes. Don’t boil the mixture but make sure it’s hot enough for cranberries to start popping. Turn off the heat.
- Add the honey. Mix well and let the mixture stand on the hot stove for about 15 more minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- You can strain the mixture to remove the cranberries, spices and apple pieces. I prefer to leave everything in the punch.
- Keep the punch in the fridge in glass jars for up to 5 to 7 days. Serve hot or cold.
*Make it “adult” for a lower sugar cocktail.
*Recipe and image supplied by Maria Ushakova via mariaushakova.com.