Balsamic Green Bean Salad
- 1. 1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut to 3 inch long pieces
- 2. 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3. 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4. 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5. 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 6. Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes. The beans should be just barely cooked through and still crisp. Prepare a large bowl of ice water while the beans are cooking. Remove beans from hot water and place into ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain.
- 2. Place the green beans and red onion in a large bowl. Toss in the olive oil to coat. Sprinkle in the balsamic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with chopped walnuts to serve.