Avocado and Cucumber Gazpacho
(Makes 4 servings)
1 large cucumber – peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 small avocado – scooped from skin and roughly chopped
1 large yellow bell pepper – deseeded and roughly chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
4 green onions – green and white parts (down to the root) – roughly chopped
juice of one large lemon
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1/3 cup cold water – you can add more if you’d like a thinner soup
1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp. fat free plain Greek yogurt and fresh snipped chives – optional – for garnish
1. In a high capacity food processor combine all ingredients except for the yogurt. If you need to thin the vegetables out or just want a thinner soup, you can add more water at this step.
2. Add in the yogurt and whiz until mixed well.
3. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving – this is a soup that needs to be cold.
5. Before serving, garnish with a dollop of yogurt and some snipped fresh chives. This soup will hold 2-3 days in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.