Enhance your health, fitness, weight, and longevity at any age
A clinically proven approach to weight loss, fitness and anti-aging in Charleston, SC
GET FIT. AGE WELL.
Bright McConnell, III, MD, FitMed Partners’ founding physician and renowned orthopaedic surgeon, has seen the benefit of medically-based fitness and nutrition therapies paired with the latest in age management science. At FitMed, we believe prevention is the key to living life better.
- FitMed Partner’s Elite Athlete Program was developed for serious athletes and is designed to help these individuals perfect and maximize their athletic performance. For professional athletes, like the golfers of the PGA Tour, Fitmed’s body composition test and DEXA scan technology can give an edge in an increasingly challenging pool of athletes who are equipped with similar training regimens, high tech equipment and access to expert coaches.
- Our physician-led FitMed Weight Management Program includes a visit with our registered dietitian, a comprehensive nutrition assessment with testing of your resting metabolic rate, body composition, and other measurements to customize treatment for your body: All physician-led exercise plans are individually developed and include the frequency, duration and intensity of the intended exercise.
- FitMed’s Age Management Program is a medical approach that treats anti-aging as a manageable process. Based on your individual profile results, our medical team will develop a custom bio-identical hormone replacement plan as well as a physician-supervised nutrition and exercise program to help you live better and more gracefully manage the anti-aging process.
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy refers to the science of restoring hormones to clinically appropriate levels, often lost as we age. Men and women rely on a proper balance of estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, DHEA, thyroid, cortisol, insulin, and growth hormone to combat the effects of menopause and its male counterpart, androphase. BHRT uses hormones with a chemical structure identical to hormones naturally produced in the human body. These should not be confused with synthetic hormones, which have been shown to have adverse affects in several studies. Optimizing hormonal levels provides you with the best opportunity for a healthy and active life.
- Whether you’re simply seeking to improve your cardiovascular and respiratory health, or preparing for an athletic competition, getting fit and strong can be daunting. FitMed’s customized, medically-based Fitness & Nutrition Program, supervised by our board certified orthopaedic surgeon and registered dietician, will help you to achieve your physical fitness and nutrition goals—taking the first steps to living life better.
Patients look and feel better. Benefits include:
- Proven Disease Prevention and Protection
- Increased Energy
- Stabilized Mood
- Improved Cognitive Function
- Enhanced Immune System
- Renewed Libido
- Weight Loss
- Increased Metabolism
- Bone Health
- Improved Athlete Performance and Human Performance
Working from Charleston, SC, with the latest medical evidence and information, the FitMed team will prescribe a medically sound and healthy plan to meet your personal goals and needs.
The science of your body is unique.
Isn’t it time you took that first step?
Please explore our site to learn how FitMed Partners can help you get fit and age well.
(Post & Courier) Trying to Remember? Beat Menopause Brain Fog. Many women we know and those we hear from were not surprised by a new report saying that fuzzy thinking at menopause is real, and neither were we. It’s great …
Dr. McConnell is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty expertise in sports medicine and human performance. He has completed physician training and certification in age management medicine, jointly sponsored by Cenegenics Education and Research Foundation (CERF) and the Foundation for Care Management (FCM). He is also a certified clinical densitometrist.
Dr. Bright McConnell, III, Founder of FitMed Partners, revolutionizes nutrition with a way to customize your nutrition plan to your body. Medical research has scientifically documented the vital role that micronutrients play in achieving and maintaining good health and overall disease prevention.
Recent news stories have many people confused and concerned about hormone replacement and its associated risk for cancer. FitMed Partners helps patients make educated, informed decisions about hormone therapy by offering bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). Learn about proven and…
In addition to founding FitMed Partners, Dr. Bright McConnell, III, MD is Board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and specializes in Sports Medicine and Human Performance at his orthopaedic practice, Charleston Sports Med. With over 20 years of experience, Charleston Sports Med treats all general orthopaedic and sports injuries and specializes in the treatment of knee and shoulder disorders.